We did some housekeeping on Van’s websites server, removing lots of unused plugins, updating many that were out of date, and even updating WordPress itself.
Here’s what we accomplished:
- Plugins Removed: 50
- Plugins Updated: 20
- WordPress Updated: version 3.3.2
(security & bug fixes update)
Please Check Your Website
This update only affects Van’s Websites clients. If you are a Van’s client (does not apply to cPanel clients), please check your website to ensure that everything is working correctly. As we noted previously, the basic $15/month hosting fee does not cover fixes if anything is broken by these updates. We have to update WordPress, it’s themes, and plugins, in order to keep your sites safe and protected from getting infected by viruses, trojans, and other malware (something that already happened to all Van’s Websites because updates hadn’t taken place). However, at $15/monthly we simply can’t afford to also test and fix everything that these updates may cause to break.
How to Get it Fixed
If your site is broken, do the following:
- Login to your Van’s Dashboard at yourwebsitehere.com/wp-admin (put in your site’s URL before the .com)
- Click the “Account” link under “Dashboard” at the top of the left-hand navigation column
- There you’ll be able to see your support hours. If you don’t have any, purchase at least 2, or a block of 6 for the best deal.
- Once you’ve completed your purchase go to the “Help Desk” link, also under “Dashboard”
- Create and submit a new support ticket, explaining what’s wrong with your site, including any details you think we might find helpful in trying to fix it.
- Wait patiently while we run around like chickens with our heads cut-off trying to figure out how to fix it…. Okay, so we’re actually smart enough to know running around in a frenzied manner doesn’t fix websites, but you can bet we’ll get on it in a hurry. We want your website up and looking great too.
- Learn more about our FiddlerStudios support package that includes fixes like this, without having to buy support hours, as well more frequent updates. We even check your site to make sure it’s working great after an update like this, so you might never even know it wasn’t working properly for a short time! Then contact us if you’re interested in upgrading.
Note: Support hours are now FiddlerStudios’ normal price of $75, as of April 21st.
We hope nothing broke, and that everyone’s sites are running fine.